In total, approximately 1,300 E Class Convertibles were sold in the UK over its life, but only 87 were Sportline models and only 5 of these 87 were a 320ce model with the classier prominent bolder original heritage grill which makes this one of the rarest cars on our roads today.
The 320CE was powered by the 3,199cc, 24-valve, twin overhead camshaft, variable inlet valve timing, type M104 engine that produced 220bhp with a top speed in excess of 145mph! Standard equipment includes driver's side airbag and anti-lock brakes.
This lovely, cherished example comes in the classic colour combination of Almandine Red with Black hide and is complete with a history folder that includes original Mercedes maintenance booklet, Owners Manual, previous MOT certificates, bills and tax discs.
Spec includes, but not limited to:
* Black leather
* Electric roof with glass rear screen
* Front and rear armrests
* Sportline upgrade alloys and suspension
* Sportline steering wheel and gearshift
* Optional 5 speed upgraded automatic gear box
* Original radio and 10 disc cd changer
* Original aerial antenna
* Original wind deflector
* Air conditioning
* Unmarked alloys
* Unmarked bumpers - body work is in immaculate condition
* Headlamp wash wipes
* Central console storage
* In-door ground lights and interior ambient lighting
* Cruise control
* Front and rear speakers original upgrade
* Unused spare wheel, first aid.