*Prices other than Pounds Sterling are approximate prices based on todays currency rates. Price may be subject, in some instances, to Value Added Tax (VAT), depending on the vehicle, value of work carried out, tax status of purchaser and the final delivery destinations. Please enquire for further information regarding individual cars and tax that may be applicable.
At the London Motor Show in 1955, Aston Martin updated their 2+2 known as the DB2/4 into the Mark II.
At first glance similar to its predecessor, this model came with many detail changes, the roof line was raised, which was highlighted by a chrome strip, the side panels of the bonnet remain fixed and it had two mini tailfins housing new taillights.
Just 199 examples of the DB2/4 MKII were made, making this a most rare and sought after model from the classic Aston Martin range.
This particular car has been subject to a complete, ground up Aston Workshop restoration with the following work undertaken
· Ground up restoration
· Refurbished chassis
· Refurbished body
· New floors
· Re-built front axles with up-rated bearings & new aluminium suspension uprights
· Electric power assisted steering with new steering box
· Telescopic rear damper conversion
· All new brake system with front disc brakes and servo
· New electric wiring harness and associated fittings
· All instruments refurbished in restored dash panel with matching wood rim steering wheel
· Re-trimmed in red hide with matching beige wool headlining and red Wilton carpets
· Inertia reel seat belts
· The high specification drive train is made up of 2.9 VB6J engine with new steel billetv crankshaft, new steel forged connecting rods, forged pistons & liners, fully ported gas flowed head, valves with special cams with triple weber carburation, giving a very lively performance most unlike the standard DB2/4 and ideal for history rally events, club racing etc.
the engine also features
· High capacity oil pump and water pump
· Performance cam shafts with re-worked ports to suit the triple Weber carburettors
· 5 speed manual gearbox to a 3.54 modern limited slip differential
· New polished stainless steel wheels, hubs and spinners with radial tyres
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of our restorations manager and his team of highly skilled technicians this rare and immaculate DB2/4 MKII is one of the best examples available. In the absolutely stunning combination of Peacock Blue with matching Autolux Claret hide, red Wilton carpets and Fawn Woolcloth headlining, it really is a fantastic ownership proposition.
We anticipate a great deal of interest in this lovely Aston and advise those who are interested to contact a member of our sales team as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
For more details please contact Paul Inness on 01207 233 525.
China Challenge - Aston Workshop edit featuring DB2 & Merak SS